- Start pelvic floor exercises as soon as you feel comfortable – good idea to get one of our physios to instruct you on these exercises
- Start gentle core exercises to strengthen your tummy – good idea to get one of our physios to instruct you on these exercises
- Start gentle exercise as soon as you are able
- This may include brisk walking, swimming, aqua-aerobics, yoga, pilates, low impact aerobic workouts and light weight training
- Avoid any high-impact exercises or sports that require rapid direction changes for 3 months due to loose ligaments and joints.
- Aim for slow, gradual weight loss of around 1/2 a kilogram per week.
- Wear a supportive bra
- Initially, exercise for only five to 10 minutes at a time.
- Increase the length of your workouts gradually to between 30 and 45 minutes.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after exercise.
- Don’t push yourself too hard – if you feel breathless, slow down
- Be aware of your posture when you lift, bend and breastfeed
At PHYSIO4ALL, we offer a comprehensive assessment and a tailored Clinical Pilates program to guide you back to full recovery.
Give us a call on 9922 2212 and book in with one of physiotherapists today to get started!
Alternatively, if you are finding it a struggle to leave the house, we encourage you to carryout a progressive home exercise designed by physiotherapists outlined in the Preglates ‘On the Ball’ and ‘On the Mat’ DVD.